Friday, September 3, 2010

i am back in school now and wow. mixed emotions. going to a large, state college especially in florida means i'm at least 4 years older than everyone and about 90% cooler. i'm in the upper quartial (learned that in stats). stats. psh. don't reeally love math. but my professor is amazing.

i'm taking beginning drawing too. i've never been able to draw anything. ever. nor do i think i've ever attempted to actually observationally draw anything. but on the 2nd day of class, we come in, and she has this whole damn still-life set up in the center of class and she goes, "ok. draw everything. concentrating on line for now. like it's an image in a coloring book." and by gone dammit, i did it! and it looked pretty decent. this week we got into tone and she actually asked me for my drawing after class so that she could display it in the glass display cases around the art department. wtf. stunner. maybe drawing is actually pretty fun.

then, i take sociology. now. i'm pretty sure i was born a damn sociologist. this shit is soooo up my alley. i feel like im in a kindergarten class. and i love it. alyssa jamison: the sociological photographer.

my new job as a bartender is pretty rad too. kinda boring when it is slow, but eh, could be worse. its at a courtyard marriott and i have this beautiful, awesome fancy bar to myself and have regulars and everything. i've only had one dick-hole patron. so far so good.

bask invited me to do an art show that he is curating at the nova 535 in st. petersburg. i was elated and of course said yes. i'm shooting the piece for it sept 19th.

i'm excited to see my soul sister, meagan sample, is back in school too. she's a fucking hell kitten. and i just couldn't say enough good things about that gorgeous ass mother fu@ker.




that is my boyfriend. this is him entranced by his computer playing pc games. he has the best set of lips ever known to man. he cooks food for me all the time.

No comments: