Monday, March 15, 2010

day 228

so i had the most incredible weekend. found out Meagan Sample was in town and invited her out to shoot a bunch of models with me on saturday. (i get all film from this weekend back tonight...7 rolls) sunday hung out in the country of citrus county around my boyfriend's parents house. meagan came out and we visited the flea market, explored an abandoned house, and laid in the grass and drank wine. it was nice hanging with her. refreshing.

and today i reapplied to my old college. tomorrow im going to sit down with them and figure out what's happening from here. i want to go full time. i've never been an advocate of school, and even went... but dropped out. i wish i had stayed. but not. i didn't know what i wanted to do. now i know. there's a goal. there's a plan.

here's how it goes with me and school:
either no schooling whatsoever VS. getting my BA and then my Photography MFA at an amazing art school

i can do it. i'm smart. and dedicated to photography. i've been putting this off for way too long. i've always said i don't care what happens in my life outside of photography. as long as i can shoot, i'll be happy. so hmmmm hello aj? why not go be a student?! its better than sitting in a cubicle wasting my life away. that's what i've been doing for the past 5 years and i have nothing to show for it... and it's def. not something i want to do with my life. just a means to an end. money.

so school it is. i just hope they accept my application after the whole getting arrested thing. if not, in 6 months it will be cleared off of my record and i'll apply again.

as long as i can keep the ultimate goal in mind, i will be fine. grrrrr, math. oh boy. this will be fun!

No comments: